A dynamic organisation and value-added supplier of high quality processing and packaging equipment, food ingredients and packaging materials to the wine, food and beverage industry in Australia and New Zealand is seeking an Account Manager with responsibility for developing and driving sales of food ingredients and wine packaging to customers in VIC, TAS, SA and WA, and an important focus on maintaining high quality customer relationships.
Regular travel will be required.
The focus of this position will be:
• Work to monthly activity and sales targets, driving new customer sales by generating and following up leads and developing new opportunities with current and past customers
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with new, existing and past customers, suppliers, and other key players in the industry
• Utilise knowledge and understanding of the food industry and food ingredients to identify client challenges, and provide solution-based outcomes
• Effectively present products and the brand to key stakeholders, including educating customers on the range of products available
• Build and maintain knowledge of trending market dynamics and competitor activities to help ensure a secure sales pipeline
• Work collaboratively and proactively with internal stakeholders across the business to deliver exceptional customer support
To be successful in this position you will ideally have familiarity with flavours, spices, herb extracts, colours, and pre-mixes, and how these are used in a commercial setting; be driven, with a professional approach and the ability to multi task; and possess a “can-do” attitude and customer service focus.
We are looking for someone who has:
• Food science qualifications or comparable experience within the food industry
• Proven sales skills with at least 5 years in a similar role
• A track record of achieving KPIs and targets
• Proven success in building value driven relationships resulting in growth
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience presenting product solutions to customers
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate and build relationships with diverse stakeholders
With uncapped commission and a wide range of interesting customers to visit, this role presents a great opportunity to get involved in a growing, family-oriented, quality and customer-focused organisation.
If you’re looking for your next challenge, this is the role for you – we look forward to receiving your application!