The objective of the Workshop Fitter for mining equipment role is to provide support to the hire and service Branch Manager. This will include the inspection and commissioning of all products, after sales care including service/support and maintenance of equipment.
The position will also require continuous improvement initiatives in an effective and consolidated manner. This will include:
• Complete any manufacturing requirements on arrival of new and used products,
• Carry out pre-delivery inspections on all sold products and equipment,
• Assemble, install, test and maintain components for all products including on site machine commissioning,
• Update supervisor of daily tasks completed and schedules,
• Ensure preventative and scheduled maintenance plant is in accordance with company procedures and policies,
• Resolve any post sale/support service requirements including warranty issues,
• Manage warehouse including inventory control, stock levels and general housekeeping,
• Provide feedback to the engineering department regarding product improvements,
• Support other regions as required,
• Maintain tools and equipment to a high standard,
• Personnel achieve the highest standards of maintenance and repairs along with the highest standard of safety and customer service,
• Provide input into all maintenance and safety procedures,
• Supervise and provide training for apprentices as required,
• Attend and participate in all toolbox meeting.
> Mechanical trade certificate,
> High risk work licence – Forklift, Dogging & Rigging,
> Current first aid certificate.
> Working at heights ticket,
> Working in confined spaces ticket,
> Truck licence.
> Minimum of 5 years mechanical experience,
> Mine site experience with exposure to underground operations and products.
> Experience with crushing and screening equipment,
> 2 years underground mining maintenance experience,
> Experienced in mobile plant breakdown situations.
> Sound knowledge in the maintenance and repair of mining mobile plant,
> Sound communication skills, both written and verbal,
> Ability to forward plan and prioritise tasks,
> Ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of mine personnel,
> Good understanding of mine emergency procedures,
> Basic computer skills.
> Ability to train apprentices.
Initial interviews will be held over Skype.