Our client is a privately owned Australian company highly regarded in the building supply market., operating multiple distribution centres throughout Australia, servicing frame and truss plants, pallet manufacturers, bedding manufacturers, tool specialists as well as rural, retail and trade hardware stores, and now seek an experienced Area Manager.
This positon will cover Victoria and Tasmania.
Your main duties will include:
- Achieve sales targets within area.
- Follow a call cycle to ensure regular contact with all relevant decision makers within the assigned territory.
- Implementing sales and marketing strategies and action plans.
- Quoting and negotiating prices and credit terms.
- Developing strong relationships with key customers and building profitable new business.
- Managing and liaising with customers within the area.
To be successful in this role you must have the drive and determination to succeed, plus be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of four years proven track record of sales success, ideally within the hardware market.
- Ability to plan & organise time.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Intermediate IT skills – particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Can work alone and as a team player.
- Self-motivated & positive.
This role requires occassional staying away from home to cover country customers.
If you have the skills we are looking for, then forward your CV together with a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the above criteria.