An opportunity has arisen for a Customer Technical Support Specialist to provide comprehensive technical support to customers. You will be working with cutting edge technologies in an environment where your troubleshooting skills need to extend from end user hardware support, networking and database related issues and proprietary applications.
The Customer Technical Support Specialist provides customer support on hardware and software equipment supplied to clients.
The day to day tasks involved in the role include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phone calls and emails from customers and integrated partners
- Triage cases ensuring that all the relevant information is captured and summarised in an effective manner
- Independently manage support cases based on priority and impact to the customer based on agreed SLA’s
- Troubleshoot hardware and application issues (recreate issues, assess application logs, utilise monitoring tools, investigate data/database) with assistance and guidance where required from Software Developers and Technical Engineers
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly tasks to support the maintenance of the customer’s system & hardware
- Contribute towards the development of a Support Knowledge Base for known issues
- Manage and co-ordinate 3rd party contractors as required to provide onsite support
- After hours on call support – rotating roster
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role with demonstrable expertise in the following:
- Demonstrate extensive customer service experience dealing directly with end users
- A strong passion for customer service excellence
- Well-developed conceptual and problem-solving abilities ensuring attention to detail to resolve customer issues
- Basic knowledge of Routing/IP Networking
- Knowledge of Windows system environments
- A logical approach to technical problem solving and fault finding
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing demands effectively
- A proven ability to verbalise technical solutions to a non-technical audience
- Experience liaising directly with internal and external clients (e.g. customers, vendors and contractors) with confidence, courtesy and respect
- Excellent Communication skills (i.e. Strong written and verbal English skills)
- Fault finding on remote hardware installations
- Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills across all types of audiences
Experience in the following is desirable but not essential:
- Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Solid experience providing support to external customers in a Managed Service environment
- Application support
What’s on offer?
- Friendly, supportive team environment
- Encouragement and support to develop and grow with internal and external training and development opportunities
- Regular social events and company gatherings
- Great office environment with:
- end of trip facilities if you want to ride or run to work
- games room with pool table, table tennis, computer games and more
- great lunch room and kitchen facilities
- outdoor tables and chairs in private garden
- close to a variety of shops, Eastern Freeway and public transport
Please note this is not an IT role, it is a role based in the helpdesk team. If you are looking for a role within an IT department please reconsider your application.
To apply, please include a cover letter that addresses the skills and personal characteristics described above, in addition to a current CV.