Working under the direction of the Maintenance Delivery Team Leader, the Diesel Mechanic will complete a range of duties. The Diesel Mechanic’s role is to service and repair plant and equipment whilst providing support and assistance to the maintenance, plumbing, horticulture, and operations departments as required.
• Assist in scheduled planning of servicing of plant and equipment using previous experience and manufacturers recommendations.
• Develop service check lists for various items of plant and equipment when and where required.
• Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades and controlling corrosion.
• Correct vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Supervise and guide the work undertaken by apprentices.
• Mechanical Trade Qualification (Ideally a Diesel Mechanic by trade with Turf Equipment or Agricultural Equipment maintenance experience)
• Proven knowledge and understanding of a wide range of mechanical equipment maintenance.
• Ability to design and fabricate tools and aids for specific tasks (Welding & Lathe Operating Experience preferred)
• Australian Manual Drivers licence (ideally MR) unrestricted
• High attention to detail
• Confident communication, interpersonal and customer service capabilities, with the ability to interact and build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Previous experience working within a team environment and independently.