Due to expansion into a larger new workshop our client is seeking a diesel technician for a constantly growing Melbourne operation. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual who can work well with the team and at the same time have the ability and desire to learn new skills whilst working within an ever-expanding company in an exciting and fast paced environment.
The position will entail performing work on all types of heavy machinery, trailers, and light vehicles both on site and field service. Experience in carrying out maintenance on stevedoring and lifting equipment would be advantageous.
The ideal candidate has:
- Relevant heavy or light automotive trade certificate
- Current Driver’s license
- Vehicle Inspector Accreditation (not essential but viewed favourably).
- Good diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong electrical skills
- Experience working on heavy/light diesel equipment.
- Experience in mobile plant/agriculture machinery will be highly regarded.
- Willing to work overtime, some Saturdays and call out rosters.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Positive and can-do attitude with a focus on teamwork
- Sound communication skills
- Be able to work unsupervised.
- Clean and modern facilities
- Competitive hourly rate (based on your level of experience)
- Opportunity to work considerable overtime.
- Further training and development
- Managers with hands on knowledge
- Great team environment
If you are interested apply today to join a great team and an ever-growing enterprise.
We can only accept applications from those fully vaccinated against Covid.