Our client is a global leader in the technology, manufacturing and supply of machines and components for processing wood, glass, stone, plastic and metal product industry and are now seeking an experienced Field Service Technician – Edgebander.
Due to a period of growth we are looking to expand their team within NSW. Your role will be to install our leading Edgebanding machines to clients located all across NSW and occasionally interstate. You will be responsible for providing our valued customers with onsite support for trouble-shooting and scheduled maintenance.
You will report to a Service Team leader that has extensive industry experience and will provide you with ongoing development opportunities.
- Install, service and troubleshoot Edgebanding machines for new and existing customers onsite
- Provide service and customer support during field customer visits
- Travel to customers in your local city and occasional domestic travel
- Manage all onsite installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- Trouble shoot, diagnose errors or technical problems and determine solutions on all machines
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and document processes
- Operate equipment and machinery in a safe manner
- Attend product, service training locally and internationally
- Provide training to customers and other service technicians
- Work with spare parts, team leaders, hotliners, customer service representatives to action customer queries
We are looking for someone who is hands-on with a can-do attitude. Apply now if you have industry experience, similar machine repair/service experience for a guaranteed interview.
- Experience with electrical fault finding / mechanically savvy and familiar with technical installation work of high-end equipment in the following industries desired; wood, stone or glass, medical grade systems, vehicle, cranes, trade machinery, aviation/arm (not essential)
- Experience in installation or servicing of mechanical/technical machines
- Qualifications in electrical, electronics, mechanical or engineering desired
- Electrical trade qualified cert 3, OR aligned cert 3 disconnect/re-connect license OR willingness to undertake further qualifications.
- Experience with installing, serving or troubleshooting Edgebanding Machine Technology is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced computer system skills, including Microsoft suite
- Problem solving and decision-making ability
- Self-motivated and ability to work unsupervised
- Experience in technical service interventions mainly on industry machineries
- Mechanical, electronic/electrical principles knowledge
Package includes: Base + Car Allowance + Fuel Card + Travel + Overtime