This is a fantastic opportunity for a person with 1-2 years experience, to hit the ground running and become an integral member of our growing and successful team as their graduate accountant.
This is an essential role to the team, taking ownership over specific functions and also providing support to management.
Specifically, you will be responsible for the following tasks, liaising with team members and clients as necessary:
- completion of statutory compliance work, including;
- preparation of financial statements to review stage;
- preparation of income tax returns and schedules to review stage;
- highlight areas/ strategies to benefit the client for discussion with managers and/or seniors;
- assist in the development of solutions and providing advice;
- analyse client’s performance for year-end tax planning;
- preparation of management accounts to review stage and
- assist in meeting each client’s needs by building a demonstrated understanding of their business.
To be considered for this role you must:
- have a minimum of 1-2 years experience;
- be currently studying towards a degree majoring in accounting or undertaking or looking to undertake the CA program;
- at a minimum, have basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel; and
- have experience using accounting software including APS, MYOB and cloud based tools, e.g. Xero, QuickBooks (desirable).
In addition, you will:
- be an enthusiastic team player, with a drive to take ownership and responsibility over your own work;
- exhibit excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, with the confidence to liaise with senior stakeholders and clients;
- be organised and able to manage your own priorities with tasks given to you by multiple managers;
- have a positive, helpful and solution driven mindset; and
- have excellent attention to detail and a good understanding of numbers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with a growing practice.