Our client is a market leader in the pawnbroking industry as well as in the retail of authentic pre-loved luxury goods and brand new Pure Gold jewellery collections, and now seek an experienced Merchandise and Sales Assistant. This role would be best suited to someone with understanding of pawn broking industry and also from a high end retail establishment.
Basic Purpose and Objective of Job
Reporting to Outlet Manager / Operations Manager, you will play a key part in supporting all aspects of merchandising tasks including inventory management, stock arrangement, data processing, submission of pricings and financial documents as well as generating reports.
- Assist in achieving the overall stock performance in term of gross profit, margin for traded in items, unredeemed / forfeited pledges and consignment items
- Administer and ensure an effective, efficient and structured inventory management procedures
- Recommend trade in or unredeemed / forfeited stocks for melting, hedging and/or refurbish to sell to fulfil market needs through close collaboration with retail operations and understanding of customers’ needs
- Follow up closely with Subcontractor to ensure the repaired stocks are returned timely
- Perform bulk in for trade in and unredeemed / forfeited pledges
- Stocks itemising process for sales in the store
- Perform stock-take administration for IMS account
- Assist with other merchandising-related activities as assigned
- Consignment stocks management and administration
- Ensure all items with supporting authentication documentation
- Ensure that all trade ins / unredeemed / forfeited pledges follow the SOP guidelines
- Assist in retailing as and when required
- Record and submit POs and Invoices for timely payment
- Generate bi weekly & monthly reports for data analysis
- Any other projects and/or tasks as and when as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1 year of retail merchandising experience, preferably in Gold/Jewellery knowledge experience
- Very high level of attention to detail and data entry skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (strength in Excel)
- Able to work effectively without close supervision, with a flexible and agile approach
- A team player and passionate to work in retail environment
Police check will be required.