Our client is involved in both commercial and residential construction, and are seeking an experienced Production Manager with working knowledge of steel fabrication. Ability to speak Mandarin also highly desirable.
As Production Manager Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee manufacturing operations
- Conduct regular site budget, P&L and capital expenditure reports and plans
- Lead, mentor and educate staff, implement plans to improve culture and performance
- Optimise equipment, processes and programs to improve productivity and minimise costs
- Liaise with senior management, stakeholders and members of the board
- Manage daily productions and ensure efficiency of operations, including capacity planning, loading and optimization
- Monitor and inspect day-to-day operations to ensure productivity
- Ability to implement and streamline manufacturing processes, procedures and systems.
- Handle customer concerns and resolving them immediately
- Ensure all machines are well maintained and coordinate servicing & repair with team
- Workflow scheduling and demand management
- Design and implement strategies to improve production performances.
- Develop operations-related plans, manufacturing budgets and policies & procedures to comply with ISO and AS standards.
- Ability to lead, motive and develop a production team within the factory.
Production Manager Requirements:
- 8 – 10 years of managing staff experience in steel fabrication production or factory environment is essential, as is a ‘can do attitude’.
- Proven management and leadership skills with the ability to make decisions
- Ability to drive and achieve key outcomes
- Resilience, determination and a flexible approach to working hours
- Able to provide hands on leadership and excellent communication skills
- Outstanding customer service management skills with a proven ability to grow the business.
- Strong people skills with the ability to liaise with a range of people at different levels.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Fairly proficient on the computer
- Proficient in speaking both English and Mandarin (for liaison with Mandarin speaking management)
- Eligible to work in Australia with a valid working Visa.