Are you looking for a challenging Service Technician role? We need someone who is passionate and driven to achieve amazing results under pressure using the latest industrial computing skills. We also need someone that will accept any challenge and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, get dirty and fix broken machines.
This role requires you to utilise a broad range of electrical/electronic and mechanical/pneumatic skills working with highly technical instruments like Digital Oscilloscopes, Radiation Monitoring Equipment, Optical CCD Camera Systems including NIR, dedicated Small board computing systems, Ethernet and USB based computer interfacing. You will need to master the use of complex systems that incorporate analogue signals being processed into digital and analysed to produce results that are then sent to network management systems.
To do this, you are required to:
- Manage and deliver a range of service procedures including installation, commissioning, maintenance and certification
- Diagnose and eliminate errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Scope and monitor all project work until completed
- Train clients on a variety of equipment, both out in the field and from the factory
- Ensure compliance with product requirements and safety
Travel within Australia and occasional weekend work will be required, particularly to cover service in other states. There is also potential for overseas travel should the successful applicant display the qualities required.
Essential Skills and Experience Criteria:
- Post Trade experience in a service maintenance role
- PC skills including knowledge of small-board computing and operational knowledge of LAN & WAN infrastructure
- Programming and instrumentation
- Experience in food processing industries
- Prior experience in servicing and maintenance of complex equipment
- PLC experience
- Demonstrate ability to use common Windows programs and knowledge of basic PC software and hardware
- Ability to build relationships with customers
- Self-motivated and always punctual
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to take direction and follow procedures
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with the understanding of how to identify problems and overcome them
- Flexibility and ability to work on occasional weekends
- Current and valid Drivers Licence in Australia
- A-Grade Electrical licence is desirable but not essential
- Willingness and flexibility to travel domestically/overseas and be on call when required
How to apply
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
As part of the recruitment process, the successful candidate may be required to undertake a National Police check and other relevant background checks related to the role.