Our client is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses and now seeking an experienced Mechanical Fitter.
You will be part of a highly motivated service team who, day to day focus on:
- Preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Fault finding on automated systems.
- Using data analytics to enhance system performance.
- Developing your technical skills in Automation.
- Providing technical support to our customer
You will be required to follow strict health and safety procedures to ensure that this environment is kept food grade sterile while servicing and maintaining live equipment.
Being a shift based role, you will also be required to work a 12 hour rotating roster of 5 days on, 5 days off. This means working shifts on days, nights, weekends and public holidays when required, as outlined by your roster.
You will also be working in an environment that is operating at 0°C.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Trade or Diploma, with at least 3 to 5 years relevant working experience as a Service Technician.
- Strong mechanical and/or electrical aptitude.
- Displays understanding of controls (including PLC/industrial PCs), electrical/mechanical systems, software and networks.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in logistics, postal sorting or baggage automated systems or food handling facilities.
- Living in Melbourne, Australia with a PR or Australian citizenship.
- A keen interest to further your own ability and studies.
- Honest, reliable and proactive.
- Be comfortable with working in a highly sanitised, low temperature (0°C) meat processing environment.
What We Offer You
We offer a full time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides a competitive remuneration package, you will also work on a modern, state of the art facility with onsite parking and a hard working, supportive team.
To apply for this unique and exciting opportunity, submit a resume and cover letter.