Our client is a market leading national furniture wholesaler specialising in dining, occasional, lounge & bedroom suites., and they are now seeking an experienced Supply Chain Assistant
The purpose of this position is to provide customer service support to the business and play a primary role in ensuring that all customer service and office administrative functions are coordinated to achieve a high level of productivity within our business.
• Booking & arranging delivery schedules with the supply chain team to ensure delivery timelines are met
• Generating freight manifests for carriers and logistical parterns
• Booking & communicating deliveries & shipments with 3PL partners & customers
• Preparing run sheets for all distribution locations
• Assisting with invoicing against the receival of PODs
• Assisting with customer order processing and confirmation
• Management of customer & 3PL online order portals
• Providing customers with updates on shipments & expected arrivals or anticipated delays
• Commercial Invoice & Packing list preparation for customers
- Experience in a similar customer service or operational position is highly desirable.
- Understanding and passion for the industry.
- Experience working in a warehouse/industrial/furniture wholesale environment or similar.
- Intermediate computer skills and/or working with databases e.g.: Microsoft Office/Outlook, Sales and CRM databases.
- Understanding of industry relevant processes and practices for business.
- High level of customer service skills and building positive working relationships.
- Solid communication (verbal and written) and active listening skills.
- Passionate about delivering a high quality of service.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent organisational and time management.
- Logical and systematic approach to tasks.
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet quickly.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise according to impact.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate collectively.